I create a safe and grounded space in which I offer counselling and psychotherapy to facilitate the healing, creativity and personal growth of my clients. I focus on the client and their individuality and uniqueness working with whatever they bring each time to our sessions. I work at the pace my client wants or needs to work at, whether that is a gentle, safe pace, or at a pace that is pushing the boundaries. I am very interested in the link between mind, body and soul, how they interact with each other and especially in how sometimes this link can break down due to personal circumstances or life events. I work to re-establish this link and help my clients flow more easily through their lives.
Normally therapy takes place in my peaceful therapy room on the Dartington estate. However sometimes it is appropriate and valuable to take the therapy out of the room and into the beautiful gardens on the estate, or into the nearby countryside. This can be very healing and often facilitates clients in moving on if they are feeling ‘stuck’. I also see clients in Newton Abbot and Torbay.
As well as my private practice, I am the Coordinator of the Counselling and Mental Health service for young people at the Children’s Society in Torquay (Check Point). I teach counselling courses (CPCAB) and I facilitate counselling workshops for student and qualified counsellors. I supervise student and qualified therapists and healthcare professionals, both individually and in groups. I have previously worked within the NHS with adult female survivors of childhood sexual abuse (both individual therapy and group therapy).
I am also a Mental Health First Aid (Youth) trainer. Please contact me for further details in this amazing 2 day course for anyone (over 16 years old) who has contact with under 18’s and who would like to learn more about how to spot the early signs of mental illness and how to support young people experiencing mental health difficulties.
My counselling qualifications include:
- Certificate in CBT
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB Level 2)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB Level 3)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB Level 4)
- Diploma in Gestalt and Body Process Psychotherapy (CPCAB Level 5)
- Foundation Degree in Counselling (CPCAB and The Open University)
- Diploma in Creative CBT (DCCP)
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision (CPCAB Level 6)
- A Gestalt Approach to Working with Children and Adolescents (The London Gestalt Centre)
- Professional Certificate in CBT (Iron Mill)
I have attended further training in:
- Domestic violence
- Working with young people
- Working with trauma
- Working with sexual abuse
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Mindfulness & meditation
- Child protection
- Emergency first responder
- Smoking cessation
- Drugs & alcohol
- Anger, rage & relationships
- Working therapeutically with groups
- Sand play therapy
- Supervising and managing safeguarding practice
- Therapeutic storytelling
- Harm reduction
- Brief solution focused therapy
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
Plus a range of courses specifically relating to children and young people.
If you would like to arrange to meet me for an initial appointment, please either use the contact form, or phone and leave me your name, number and times that it would be convenient for me to phone you back to arrange a mutually convenient time to meet. Alternatively, text me your name and number and I will phone you back.
My phone numbers are 01803 554 982 or 07773 689 450